When is the next Steam sale: Dates and contents

You don’t have to ask yourself when is the next Steam sale as the dates for the Steam Sales have been announced for the year 2023. As usual, the Summer Sale, which is one of the biggest sales events of the year, will run for two weeks from June 29 to July 13. The Summer Sale typically offers some of the best savings and includes discounts on recent major titles.

When is the next Steam sale?

Before the Summer Sale begins, we have a couple of genre-specific sales to look forward to. The Puzzle Fest will take place from April 24 to May 1, 2023, followed by the Sports Fest from May 15 to May 22, 2023.

These sales provide an opportunity to grab some great deals on games that you might have had your eye on.

When is the next Steam sale
When is the next Steam sale: The next Puzzle Fest is expected to start at April 24

In addition to these, there are also several other sales to keep an eye out for, including the Stealth Fest, the Visual Novel Fest, the Strategy Fest, and the SHMUP Fest.

The Scream Fest (Halloween) will take place from October 26 to November 2, and the Autumn Sale will run from November 21 to November 28. Finally, the year will end with the Steam Winter Sale, which will start on December 21, 2023, and run until January 4, 2024.

How long do the Steam sales last?

How long do Steam sales last? Well, the Summer and Winter sales usually last for two weeks, while the smaller Spring and Autumn sales and the genre Fests last for about a week. So mark your calendars accordingly!

It’s worth noting that Steam now has sales nearly every month of the year, but the Summer and Winter sales are the ones that most gamers look forward to.

However, don’t discount the smaller, genre-themed sales throughout the year, as they can offer some great discounts on specific games.

When is the next Steam sale
When is the next Steam sale: Steam sales usually last around one week

Which Steam sale is the biggest one?

When it comes to which Steam sale is the biggest, we tend to see the steepest discounts during the Summer and Winter sales, with the Summer sales offering the best selection.

With the Autumn and Winter sales following closely after the fall release season, there are usually fewer big, recent titles with hefty discounts. But by the following summer, you can get great discounts on relatively new games.

In the past, we’ve seen some remarkable discounts during the Steam sales, with Valve’s Portal 2 dropping from $50 to $5 in the Summer Sale just a year after release.

Does Steam still take 30%?

The question of when is the next Steam sale is also on the minds of game developers as Valve, the company behind the Steam platform is known to take a standard cut of 30 percent from the sales of games on its platform. The remaining 70 percent is then allocated to the game developers, making it a more appealing option than going through publishers who often take a larger cut of 50 to 60 percent.

When is the next Steam sale
When is the next Steam sale: Steam takes 30% off from the sales on the platform

This makes Steam a highly attractive marketplace for independent game developers who want to earn more profits from their creations. With this arrangement, developers can enjoy a larger share of their game sales revenue without having to rely on third-party publishers.

So, whether you’re a puzzle aficionado, a sports fan, or just looking for a good deal, keep an eye out for the upcoming Steam sales, and don’t forget to check out the smaller, genre-themed sales throughout the year. Happy gaming! And remember, if you’re ever wondering “when is the next Steam sale,” we’ve got you covered.

If you don’t want to spend tons of money on the Steam sale but your Steam family sharing isn’t working, you can use this link to find out how to fix it.

Related news