In this guide, we will go over all there is to know about the Hogwarts Legacy Secrets of the Restricted Section questline, so you can complete it without any problems.
Hogwarts Legacy Secrets of the Restricted Section guide
An important mission in Hogwarts Legacy is Secrets of the Restricted Section. You’ll pick up a new spell from it, sneak around the library, and see a bit of history. For assistance with the Disillusionment spell, the stealth area, and the Athenaeum, consult our Hogwarts Legacy Secrets of the Restricted Section guide.
Castle Halls and Library
On your second day as a student, the Hogwarts Legacy Secrets of the Restricted Section quest is available. When you first speak with Sebastian, he will instruct you to meet him at night. You may identify the Disillusionment pattern after the cutscene. You become invisible thanks to this spell, enabling you to move stealthily. However, if you move too quickly or get too close to adversaries, they will be able to detect you. You will need to start again from a checkpoint if you fail any of the stealth sections of this quest.
Simply pay attention to the prefects who are on patrol. You ought to be able to enter the library through the door. When the elderly librarian isn’t looking, sneak past her while she’s hidden and take the key.
If you go downstairs, a ghost will greet you there. The suit of armor must be affected by your Basic Cast (i.e., RT/R2/LMB) because the specter won’t budge from her position. Make sure you’re not too far away from it before firing your spell at it. She will investigate the disturbance as a result, allowing you to sneak past her.
You can see several old books and antiquities down below. Metal slivers have been destroyed beyond the corridor. Peeves will appear as you get closer to it. He’ll be diverted by Sebastian, so you’ll have to go alone.
The Athanaeum is where the next stage of the Hogwarts Legacy Secrets of the Restricted Section quest takes place. You can move through after using Reparo on the metal scraps. You’ll come across a gateway if you keep going down. Here is a chest that contains a piece of legendary gear as well.
In any case, turn on the glowing mark and go around to the other side. This leads to a small dungeon with plenty of monsters and some great rewards. To summarize:
- To the left of the entryway is a chest. It has a renowned piece of equipment.
- Use your Basic Attack on the gadget above the arch in the first room. A ledge will materialize as a result.
- Kill the Pensieve Sentries manning the adjacent gate. A chest also contains a rare-quality item.
- You should move to the right side of the second room (almost at the gap). Then fire the weapon. Platforms that will help you get to the edge will spawn. To produce another set of platforms, fire at the object once more. This enables you to choose a common-quality object.
- Return to the main location and press the device a few times to open the bridge. There are two more randomized loot-filled chests nearby.
- You’ll be up against six Pensieve Sentries in the third room. Be sure to block their assaults, but be careful of red flashes because they cannot be blocked (i.e., you need to dodge-roll).
- Your character will see an old book in the last chamber. They will get a vision of the past as they look into the pensieve.
After the cutscene, go back to Professor Fig and tell him what you found. The Hogwarts Legacy Secrets of the Restricted Section quest will now be complete.
You will also get the spell Petrificus Totalus. Although you aren’t informed about it, it ought to be in your spell tab. When an enemy is in close proximity to you, you can use this power to kill them instantly by pressing a button. While tougher enemies will only absorb some damage, the majority of common enemies will become permanently petrified.
In any event, you’ll need to complete some additional activities as an ordinary student to advance the campaign after finishing the Hogwarts Legacy Secrets of the Restricted Section quest. The task that unlocks Expelliarmus is one of them.
We hope that you enjoyed this article on Hogwarts Legacy Secrets of the Restricted Section quest. If you did, make sure to check out where to find Mandrake in Hogwarts Legacy, or Dark Arts Battle Arena location in Hogwarts Legacy.